Today I am happy to announce immediate availability of SocialEngine PHP 4.8.5. Well, its technically 4.8.4, but we messed up so to not take any chances, today we’re releasing 4.8.5. The theme of this update is to bring uploading to mobile, while improving upon previous release of HTML5 video and various quality of life additions.
- Added ability to upload photos on mobile
- Added ability to upload videos on mobile
- Made video player choose HTML5 if available with fall back to Flash
- Increased the size of url slugs to 64 characters
- Improved the way translation is optimized
- Added reverse-chronological comment sorting
- Added image upload to more areas
- News feed form attachment links no longer change order
- Fixed error handling with homepage (feed style) uploads
- Fixed autocomplete for the “To” field in messages
- “Send Message” no longer appears for if messages to a member level are restricted for mobile
- Improved SSL detection and use
- Found the graphics for file manager (in certain cases they were missing)
SocialEngine clients can grab the new SE PHP 4.8.5 code from the client area. Remember to make a complete backup of your installation before performing an upgrade. If you’ve made significant custom changes to your source code, remember that they could pose problems during the upgrade process, so enlist a developer to help you if you’re not comfortable with the process yourself. We do have an upgrade service available for $150. You can purchase it from your customer account at SocialEngine Client Store.
As always, please submit any feature or bug requests for SE PHP to our public bug and feature request tracker.